Home Decor

Our Knappa Floor Lamp

February 12, 2012

Ever since we got our new west elm chandelier up above the farm table, our (Knappa) light fixture from Ikea was laying on the floor in the living room. Tyler was cleaning up one day and asked me what to do with the light fixture. I jokingly said that we should replace it with the shade on our floor lamp in the family room.

I walked into the office to answer some emails and came back out to the family room to see Tyler using pliers to take the shade & parts off of the floor lamp. This is where I went crazy on Tyler asking him why he just did that! Now if the Knappa didn’t look good on the floor lamp then we’re shadeless.

I left the room again because I couldn’t watch him do it. He came in the office and told me he was done and I was nervous to see how it looked.

I actually was surprised to see that I liked it. It’s cute and I’m happy that we’re able to use it instead of just storing it in the closet/garage with no use for it. I’m proud of my hubby since this was entirely his project!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Joanne February 12, 2012 at 11:53 pm

That looks awesome!! It’s so pretty. It’s like a flower lamp. I’d want one of those in my house. Your hubs did a great job!

• Reply Samantha February 13, 2012 at 7:40 am

That actually looks pretty cool! Way to go, Tyler!

• Reply justinelorelle February 13, 2012 at 8:14 am

I LOVE that Knappa shade! It’s so versatile. I used one to cover the ugly boob light in my dining room, and it looks great hanging from the ceiling too!

• Reply Anna @ And Everything Nice. February 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm

That’s such a great reuse of this light fixture! I’ll have to remember this!

• Reply Jessica February 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I love this as a floor lamp. I’ve only seen it as a hanging lamp but love it on the floor too!

• Reply Haley McBride February 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm

it’s a lotus flower!

• Reply Meltem October 27, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Mitzi I can answer this baucese my family lives down there! You are outside of my color planting schedule by about a month. The trick is, Las Vegas gets so hot in the summer, but you can grow almost all winter long. My book is really for a spring-summer-fall planting schedule. The dates I offer might work for you and others who live in warmer climates, but really have a spring-summer and a fall-winter season. I am very aware of your needs, and it’s on my list of things to research and write about. But honestly, I can’t speak from experience, only from my research. I encourage you to contact your local extension service (www.extension.org) for a recommended planting schedule.