10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
Our venue had menu options and we chose the “Dinner in the Garden” option.
Butler Passed Hors d’oeuvres:
– Mini quiche with swiss cheese and sautéed spinach topped with a cherry tomato wheel
– Flatbread pinwheels with fresh deli meats and cheese rolled in a flatbread
– Garden salad with summer vegetables paired with a buttermilk ranch dressing
– French demi rolls with sweet butter
– Honey roasted herb chicken breast
– Creamy scalloped potatoes with a blend of shredded cheeses
– Brown sugar glazed baby carrots
It was a painless decision since it was delicious! Our dinner was served to us so we didn’t have to go get our own dinner like everyone else did. I actually don’t really remember eating because we were so distracted with everyone congratulating us and talking with us. We were pretty much on our feet all night long anyways!
I wanted our cake to be black and white of course with polka dots! The lady from the bakery suggested that we mix it up with polka dots and stripes. The cake was included in the package and all we needed to do was pay a little more for the fondant.
I really liked how they did our cake because they did a wonderful job and offered to re-create an anniversary cake for free instead of having us take home the top cake to freeze. All we had to do was call in and tell them our name and what flavor we wanted.
By the way, I can’t believe our 3rd year anniversary is coming up later this month!